This is a perfect accompaniment to any beef or lamb dish. It’s not just the usual mashed potatoes… Yawn. Even saying those two words bore me. This is much more exciting and adds a great pairing with your chosen main dish.
Prep and cooking time: 30 minutes
Music I listened to:
“No One”, Alicia Keys
“Smile Like You Mean It”, The Killers
“Going Under”, Evanescence
Wine I drank: Chianti
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 75g/3oz butter
- 1-2 tbsp horseradish (amount depends on your horseradish desire!)
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 125ml/4fl oz single cream
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Dash of milk
- Salt and pepper
Place the potatoes into a steamer and cook until very soft, about 20-25 minutes. Once cooked, place the potatoes in a bowl or large saucepan.
Add the butter, chopped parsley, cream, garlic, milk and the amount of horseradish you yearn for!
Mash the potatoes until creamy with little or no lumps in.
Add salt and pepper to taste and stir. Done and easy!